08/09/2010

the plot for my film trailer

 Plot
The genre is going to be drama, has to involve Bmxing and excessive drug taking.
I have picked these, as drug taking is something that everyone as experienced in one form or another, and Bmxing because it is a sub culture that hasn’t really been looked at in film. i have also decided my audience is going to be 15 to 20 year old males. I have picked this because i think that as i am in the middle of this age range i should be more capable of making a trailer that is enjoyed by this age group, i also think that more males will be interested in the following plots i have written.

I have come up with three different plots, which I will pick one from and make.

1) Plot: a young teenage boy who spends his whole life on his bike and aspires to become a stunt rider has a terrible accident and loses the ability to move his legs. He then is stuck in a wheel chair for the rest of his life and turns to taking drugs. Eventually takes an over dose, to end his life.

2) Plot: a young teenage boy who spends his whole life on his bike and aspires to become a stunt rider has a terrible accident and damages his legs to the extend where he has to remain house bound. He starts to mix prescription drugs, and slowly loses his perception of reality. Eventually he dies from an overdose.

3) Plot: a young teenage boy who spends his whole life on his bike and aspires to become a stunt rider gets into doing drugs and starts losing his mind. Slowly he starts losing everything around him starting with his family and friends and ending with his career. In the end whilst under the effects of prescription drugs he falls. Trailer ends there (cliff hanger)

I have decided to pick the 3rd plot listed above, I have picked this one because I think it would be most time effective to film and will not involve any props that are hard to get hold off. I have also decided to call my film “Life” as it is an emotive and interesting title. My target audience is still going to be 15 to early 20 year old males, i have kept this in mind when writing the plots so that i can make sure that they apply.