27/11/2010

evaluation question 2 "how effective is the combination of your main products and ancillary tasks"

"How effective is the combination of your main products and ancillary tasks" to answear this question i am going to look at my main product and ancillary tasks one at a time and then talk about how they all work together.  This below is my media film poster. i have written a little bit about the poster and why i chose to use cetain themes and conventions within it. Film poster evaluation



View more documents from jemsjems61.





 "How effective is the combination of your main products and ancillary tasks" 

Through out all of my tasks i wanted to keep a constant set of themes and conventions i would use across all of my products. In doing this i have created strong links between each of my tasks. For example on all of my tasks i included the quote "when life is a blur, you better have fast reflex's" in doing this i created a link between all of my tasks that the viewer will be able to see. i chose to do this with this quote as it is quite emotive and meaningful, it also links to the genera of the film and to Life in general. This leads on to the title of the film which i also have shown on all of my tasks. This again is to link all of the tasks for the audience but also because it is very emotive title. This is quite important within the genera of drama and biographical as it sets up a foundation for what the rest of the film is about. Another way i effectively linked my main product and ancillary tasks would be in the way i decided to keep the characters in the film out off the products, or shown minimally. i did this because i wanted there to be an air of mystery as to who the characters were and there roles within the film. i also did this because i wanted the story to be shown more then anything else and the showing of characters could have drawn focus away from the story. Another way in which i helped make the combination of all of my products ore effective was by using a set of colours on each of the pieces. This rule is true for the poster and film trailer its self but not for the film magazine. The film magazine is different from this rule as i reasoned that a successful film magazine would have its own colour scheme and wouldn't change for the release of a film, although when doing i decided to use a fairly dark scheme on the actually picture used. When making my film poster i decided to use quite a dark pallet, i did this because the story of the film is quite dark as it is about a drug addict. I also did this within the trailer. I did this within the trailer by using a number of quite dark shots mixing in to light ones. When doing this i made sure that every so often there was a darker shot. This is another theme that helped to link my ancillary tasks and my main product.